Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How to be a respectful Couponer

Today there was a coupon offered by Shreddies cereal on facebook for a free box of cereal. WHAT. A. GONG. SHOW!! As they were doing the final tests on the link, it "went live" for a few minutes and people went CRAZY. There were people ordering it when it wasn't released, people were being incredibly rude, and frankly it was embarrassing. IT'S CEREAL!

This leads to todays post, simply because I am so disgusted with the way some people were acting (and this includes a group of "Canadian Freebies" that I follow on FB. I am consifdering sending her a note and no longer following)

Here are the general guidelines on how to be a respectul and repeat couponer.

1. DO NOT YELL AT CASHIERS! Please understand that they are not personally attacking you for using coupons, lots of cashiers do not understand (or know) the store's policy on coupons. More training is needed. If you encounter an issue at the till (and you aren't trying to scam the store - this is bad), then politely ask to speak to a manager. Ranting and raving will only make them defensive, and make you look like a lunatic.

2. Don't clear the shelves (if they're full). It's rude. Go to a couple stores to prevent doing this, especially if you have a tom of coupons. Most of the time you can price match, so grab a flyer on your way out.

3. Manners, manners manners. People will bemore likely to help you (rain check, re-stock, checking the back for more stock, etc) when you use the words "Please and Thank you".

4. Share. Now this one is a bit tricky, but if you have a coupon for, say CoverGirl, and you don't wear makeup, put it aside to trade or give away. I quite often will pull a coupon out of my binder to give to a random person who is buying something I have coupons for. Ask them to pay it forward. Most people agree.

5. Remember, it requires work to save money, but you are choosing to do this. It won't always go your way, but rudeness and arrogance are not needed. Smile, enjoy yourself, and keep that cash in your wallet!

1 comment:

  1. How Lemeridian funding service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.

    ReplyDelete